Best Autel TS608 TPMS Tool Review 2021
When it comes to diagnostic testing on a vehicle, you could use a lot of options to help you in the endeavor, but the Autel TS608 is a no brainer. This OBD2 diagnostic and tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) tool is one of the first ones of its kind on the market today.
In this detailed review, you will gain a greater understanding of how the Autel MaxiTPMS TS608 can work for you and your needs and how it compares and contrasts to other choices.
Autel MaxiTPMS TS608 Specifications
|Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat
|Cortex-A9 processor (1.6 GHz)
|1GB RAM DDR3 & 32GB ROM
|7-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1024x600 resolution
|Mini USB 2.0; USB2.0; Wi-Fi; HDMI Type A; Micro SD card slot(supports up to 32GB)
|Light sensor for brightness auto adjust
|Input: N/A,Output: Beep
|Power and Battery:
|3.7 V/5000 mAh lithium-polymer battery
Charges via 5 VDC power supply
|Tested Battery Life:
|Around 7 hours of continuous use
|Battery Charging Input :
|600 mA (LCD on with default brightness, Wi-Fi on) @3.7 V
|Dimensions (W x H x D):
|270.8 mm (10.0”) x 176.0 mm (6.9”) x 36.0 mm (1.4”)
|885 g (2.31 lb.)
|ISO9141-2, ISO14230-2,ISO15765, K/L-Line, Flashing Code,SAE-J1850 VPW, SAE-J1850PWM,ISO11898 (Highspeed, Middlespeed, Lowspeed and Singlewire CAN, fault-tolerant CAN),SAE J2610, GM UART,UART Echo Byte Protocol,Honda Diag-H Protocol, TP2.0, TP1.6
Autel MaxiTPMS TS608 PROS and CONS
- Faster live data than other leading brands
- Built-in lab scope
- Better recording capabilities
- Free tutorial resource videos on YouTube
- The device can double as a laptop or tablet
- Reads and erases codes
- Can use an SD micro card for saving purposes
- 2019 car models have not been updated on this device yet
- Manual is translated from Chinese, which can hinder readability
- Other brands sensors can’t be started with this device
- Most expensive Autel option
- Not for professional use
Autel MaxiTPMS TS608 FAQs
Q-1: Is the Autel TPMS TS608 compatible with foreign vehicles?
• This question arises because it works well with American made cars, but many are unsure if foreign vehicles work with the TS608. It also is a great tool when working with Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, and many other brands.
Q-2: Does the kit come standard with sensors for the tire pressure?
• Unfortunately, for the price you pay, the sensors for tire pressure are sold separately with the device you buy. However, going through the Autel site makes it relatively easy to purchase any add-ons you want with your device.
Q-3: What is the biggest micro SD card I can add to the TS608?
• Because this device doubles as a tablet or laptop, you can add an SD card to save data to. The biggest card that works on this device is 16 GB. Most use anywhere from 4 to 8 GB.
Q-4: Are there other language options for this device?
• Autel can support other languages on the TS608, like Spanish. However, there are a few steps you have to take to make this happen. First, register the device. Next, call Autel customer service. Then, they can change the language for you.
Q-5: After the warranty is up, how much does it cost to update the Autel TS608?
• When the warranty is complete, it costs $350 to update the software fully through Autel.
Q-6: Can diesel vehicles be scanned with the Autel TPMS TS608?
• The coverage extends to trucks upwards of 8600, including medium-duty trucks. However, some tractor-trailers, like the MS908CV or MS906CV, are compatible with this device as well.
Q-7: How do I install new updates to this device?
• Because this product is wirelessly capable, you can update using your wireless connection.
Autel TS608 TPMS tool is one of the most advanced TPMS tools that you will come across on the market. Not only is it easy to use with a backlit screen, but it is also fast and very powerful. Even though this unit can be used to diagnose basic TPMS functions, it is suitable for advanced functions due to its high initial price. It can also perform OBD2 functions and has wireless Bluetooth for convenient use inside the garage.
The full name of particulate filter is Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). A particulate filter is a filter that can be installed on a diesel engine to prevent harmful particulate emissions. Gasoline cars produced in 2018 must also be equipped with a gasoline particulate filter (GPF), or also known as an Otto particulate filter (OPF).Read now
Read nowAs we all know, tire pressure has a significant impact on the safe driving of cars. Many countries have made it mandatory for cars to install TPMS to reduce the occurrence of traffic accidents. As a car owner, it is important to check the tire pressure regularly to confirm whether the TPMS sensor is working properly.