Autel has just released a CAN FD Adapter that connects to compatible Vehicle Communication Interfaces (VCIs) to enable its tablets to communicate via the CAN FD communications protocol and diagnose the vehicle.
What You Should Know About Autel Can FD Adapter
- Vehicles currently using this faster CAN FD (CAN Flexible Data-Rate) protocol include many GM and Ford's 2019 and 2020 vehicles. Autel U.S. says CAN FD is one of the newer communication protocols, noted for being faster, more reliable and more secure.
- Autel's MX808, MS905, MS906, MS906BT, MS906TS, MS908, MS908S, MS908P, MS908SP, MSELITE, IM508, IM608 tablets will be able to diagnose CAN-FD equipped vehicles when the adapter is plugged into the VCI directly as in the case of the smaller VCI units or into the OBDII cable that is connected to the larger VCIs and into the vehicle's OBDII port.
- Autel's latest MaxiSYS tablet releases, the MaxiSYS Ultra, MaxiSYS 919 and MaxiSYS 909 do not need Can FD Adapter to communicate CAN FD-equipped vehicles as these new tablets come with enhanced VCIs that include many of the new protocols including CAN FD.
1. Support Can FD Protocol
2. Cannot Work With AP200 or Maxiflash Pro
3. Small Size and Easy to Carry, Superior Flexibility and Durability.
4. The CAN FD Adapter is Currently Compatible With Autel's MaxiFlash Elite J2534-VCI, Wireless Diagnostic Interface, VCI 100 and VCI Mini.
5. Vehicles Supported: Designed to support diagnosis of vehicle models with CAN FD protocol, including the MY2020 GM models.
6. Prior to Use, Update the VCI with The Latest Firmware.
(To update the VCI, use the power supply and plug in the MaxiSYS tablet to electrical outlet. Attach the supplied USB cable to the MaxiSYS tablet. Tap the VCI icon on the Tablet toolbar. Next, tap the VCI firmware version and if an update is available, tap Update for the new version to install. A progress bar will display as the update is installed. Once completed, follow the instructions displayed and reboot the VCI by deteching the USB cable from the VCI and then plug the USB cable back into the VCI. The tabler will then connect to the VCI. A message will display once the VCI update is completed.)
How to Use Autel Can FD Adapter?