Autel Maxidiag MD806 Pro Honest Review 2019
- Autel Maxidiag MD806 Pro is a new version of OBD2 Scanner. It was released in 2019 by Autel. MD806P is a combination of Maxicheck Pro and Maxidiag Elite. It is an affordable scan tool with powerful functions. This device can perform an all-system diagnosis and provides all OBD2 functions. In addition, it also performs advanced functions and supports most OBD II compliant vehicles manufactured from 1996 and newer domestic, European, and Asian cars and light-duty trucks.
- Autel MD806 Pro is suitable for technicians and mechanics who want to fix complex vehicles issues. Also, it can be great for a car repair shop as it can help to diagnose a wide range of car brands and makes. And if you’re a serious DIYer, you can as well get this code reader to tackle more than the basic reading and erasing of error codes.
- Autel md806 pro features overview:
1. MD806 Pro Lightweight and portable
- Measuring 8.35x 3.62x 1.4 inches, this is a very compact device that can be easily handled by an adult hand. It also weighs around 313g, which implies that it is lightweight and not a burden to carry around as you inspect or maintain your client’s vehicles. Besides, it comes with a carrying case which makes things to be even easier for the user when it comes to proper storage and transportation of the gadget.
2. Basic and advanced functions
- As we discussed earlier, this tool combines the functions of both the Maxicheck Pro and the Maxidiag MD802 scanners. Therefore, you will be able to perform both basic and some advanced functions. You can read and erase error codes, read and clear ABS/SRS codes, view freeze frame data, view, graph, store & playback live data, read and clear transmission codes, display code definitions, perform I/M readiness status, and perform services such as steering angle sensor reset, oil light reset, battery maintenance service, electronic parking brake service, and diesel particulate filter regen service.
3. All major systems diagnoses
- Apart from performing many functions, md806p as well can scan all the major systems which are the engine, transmission, ABS, SRS, EPB, SAS, DPF, BMS and Oil Reset，etc. It automatically identifies vehicle make, model, and year, in order to determine vehicle-specific codes. Therefore, the device leaves nothing to chance as it automatically scans for errors in all present systems.
4. Multilingual menu
- Similar to other Autel scanners, the MaxiDiag MD806 pro diagnostic code reader comes with a multilingual menu. In this case, the MD806P offers 13 languages which are Englsih, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian, New Zealand, Polish, Swedish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Japanese. Contact the Autel support team to change the language of your scan tool.
5. MD806 PRO Shortcoming:
- It depends on the car battery to function – one of the biggest challenges of using this Autel scanner is that it relies on the car battery power to function. This means that when the car is switched off, the device won’t power on.
- Does not support wireless diagnose, you need to connect it by a limited length OBD2 cable to your vehicle. So you need to stay in the car to do all the checking job.
To Sum up, Autel MD806 Pro scanner provides both basic and advanced features, making it suitable for beginner mechanics, car enthusiasts, and DIYers. You don’t require a lot of knowledge on code readers to effectively use this gadget. It is very easy to use with clearly labeled buttons and icons. Its compact and ergonomic design makes handling it be fun.