GM J2534 programming with Autel MaxiFlash Elite
- Laptop (Windows system)
- Autel MaxiFlash Elite
- AC/DC Adapter (12V)
- Main cable
- USB Cable
- CD with the device driver program
- Your GM car
1. J2534 ECU Programming Tool Driver Setup
For the Pass-Thru Device to operate correctly with the re-flashing and diagnostic applications on the target PC, you will need to first install the MaxiFlash Elite J2534 device driver onto the PC that will control the device.
1) Insert the driver installation CD to your PC and open the CD folder.
2) Double-click on the “Autel Run.exe” item.
3) Click the MaxiFlash Elite icon on the MaxiSys PC Suite screen.
4) Select the installation language and the installation wizard will load momentarily.
5) Follow the wizard instructions on the screen and click “Next” to continue.
7) When the driver is successfully installed, a confirm window will appear. Click on “Finish” to complete the whole installation procedure.
2. J2534 ECU Programming Software Update
This function allows you to update the driver software for the Pass-Thru device through the PC. Make sure the PC is connected to the Internet before using this function.
1) Power up the device by the external power supply; verify the green Power LED on the front panel is on.
2) Connect the Pass-Thru device to the PC with the supplied USB cable; verify the green Connection LED on the front panel is on.
3) From Windows Start Menu, find and double click the “MaxiFlash Elite” icon, and wait for the program interface to pop up.
4) The update agent will automatically check for the available update online.
5) Press the “Next” button to install the newest firmware.
6) Press the “Cancel” button to exit.
3. Reprogramming With J2534 Device
To reprogram vehicles using OEM software, you can find a list below of websites that offer subscription software, or visit https://www.acdelcotds.com/ website to find out more about ECU re-flash applications from the OEMs.
Using the additional OEM software, the MaxiFlash Elite can be used as a Pass-Thru diagnostics tool as well, which allows users to read and clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and data log PIDS, collect sensor data and log generic OBDII data, etc.
Since J2534 allows multiple devices to be connected at once, you must tell the software you want to use the MaxiFlash Elite. Every application will have a different way to select the device, so please consult the software manually.
Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 ECU Programming Tool
As a multi-protocol Pass-Thru vehicle interface, MaxiFlash Elite is a fully compliant SAE J2534-1 & SAE J2534-2 (March 2006) device. Specially designed to provide users with convenient PC communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities on any modern vehicle diagnostic bus, MaxiFlash Elite offers the most significant features desired by OEM customers: reliability, fast performance, and flexibility.
When the shopping season comes, Black Friday discounts are unstoppable! Thank you for your continued trust and support in our company. In order to give back to our customers, we have launched a series of super discounts during the upcoming Black Friday shopping season, hoping to provide you with better products and services.Read now
Autel has launched an incredible software update for your EV diagnostic tablet, DC/DC converter testing now supports off-vehicle testing!Read now